JTX
That's only happened to me one other time In the sentence "That's only happened to me one other time" What does "only" mean? It seems to me that I can say this sentence without "only" and the meaning won't change. Can you give me another examples where I can use "only" like that?
3
0
Only is used to emphasise that whatever has happened it happened particularly just/only one time. It's just an emphasis here (it's only an emphasis here)
It only ;) serves for emphasis. It emphasises how rarely it happens. The basic meaning doesn't change if you omit it, but you can loose implied information.
"Only" only adds emphasis. As you suggest, it is not required for the meaning. You only want examples of this? If only you had asked earlier. A little different, "only" is needed for the full meaning Hope this not only answers it, but also helps. You only need to ask. With luck you will only get good answers.
JTX
English, Korean, Russian, Spanish
English, Korean, Spanish