Giacomo
can anybody help me revise this letter? :-) Hi everybody! I would be VERY grateful! :) Dear, I am the funder of the Milan LGBT book club. We are a group of 30 tireless readers who meet up once a month to discuss an LGBT themed book. We also go together to book presentations, shows and cultural events, and naturally there is our special "literary petit dejeuner", which is our regular literary breakfast. A few months ago, while surfing the web, I discovered the London LGBT book club. I was wondering wether you might be interested in doing a sort of "exchange": I was thinking that, next year, we - the members of Milan and London book club - could select and read the same book and that we could come to London to join you and discuss it. The majority of us are very good English speakers (two members are mother-tongue and english teachers) and would read the book in English. This might be a great way to build good cultural relationship between us. I am very exited about this idea and I hope that it sounds a good to you as well!
10
0
Just a quick comment as this has already been answered - the quality of English in this letter is very impressive coming from a non-native speaker. Just a few minor things to fix up!
Dear _____, I am the founder of the Milan LGBT book club. We are a group of thirty tireless readers who meet up once a month to discuss an LGBT themed book. We also get together to book presentations, shows, and cultural events. In addition, there is a special "literary petit dejeuner", which is our regular literary breakfast. A few months ago, while surfing the web, I discovered the London LGBT book club. I was wondering whether you might be interested in doing a sort of "exchange". I was thinking that next year, we (the members of the Milan and London book club) could select and read the same book and then we could come to London to discuss it with you. The majority of us are very good English speakers. Two members are native English teachers who could read the book in English. This might be a great way to build a good cultural relationship between us. I am very excited about this idea and hope that it sounds a good to you as well!
Ops! I don't use italki often and I forgot that there is also the Community/Notebook! Thank you for reminding me!
You'll get more response if you post this under Community/Notebook
Grazie Gary! Many thanks for your help :-) Now I'm ready to send the letter... finger crossed!
Giacomo
English, French, Italian