Ng
Why is this " false " but not " not given " Paragraph : 1/ Plato expressed the idea that humour is simply a delighted feeling of superiority over others. questions : 1/ Plato believed humour to be a sign of above average intelligence (T/F/NG)
22
1
I agree with Nanren888-. Limiting the discussion to the two statements (and ignoring other general knowledge of Plato), and treating express and believe as synonyms, if Plato expresses (what he believes) then the two statements are inconsistent. Thus F is the answer.
I think there is only one reasionable assumption required. (To continue the philosophy theme :) ) If we assume that plato states what he believes, then He states (and thinks) humour is simply a delighted feeling, therefore NOT the other option :a sign of above average intelligence". Hence, false. The destription of what he says does not specify what form of superiority.
Exactly ! We are not asked to evaluate or validate the statement or opinion of Plato what regards humor . It is true that these are his philosophical views on humor . Whether those views are coherent or not , whether they represent a failure in reasoning , this is not what determines , if the sentence is true or false .
I think the sentence is true , because it says " Plato expressed ........etc " " Plato believed .... etc " And that is truly what this philosopher expressed and believed centuries ago . You can check any source discussing Plato's views on the matter ! It is crystal clear . I don't know what the debate is about .
What is your question ?
Ng
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean