Maya
Are these sentences correct in daily conversation? I heard these phrases on American drama. 1) WOMAN: I need to come clear about something. There is someone else. MAN: And kissing me made you realize how much rather be kissing him. 2) I wasn't going to say anything because it wasn't relevant, but...
20 авг. 2018 г., 14:50
9
0
The man should say" And kissing me made you realize how much you'd rather be kissing him"
20 августа 2018 г.
Yes, they are examples of correct and perfectly acceptable daily usage of English. You have left out a few words in the man's reply. It should read: And kissing me made you clear how you would much rather be kissing him.
20 августа 2018 г.
There are two mistakes in the first dialogue: The woman says "I need to come CLEAN about something'. 'Come clean' ( not 'clear') means to confess something. The man says 'And kissing me made you realize how much YOU'D rather be kissing him.' Otherwise - all fine and natural.
20 августа 2018 г.
Which drama?
20 августа 2018 г.
Maya