Wendy Monika
How to make sentences with appalling,compelled,destitute,indignant in everyday conversation? How to make sentences with appalling,compelled,destitute,indignant in everyday conversation? I am trying to know how Americans use these words in everyday conversation. Because I always found sentences for these words in academic basis. Can you guys please make some sample sentences with these words? More is better! Thank you all !
They are not used in everyday conversation, at least not anymore. They are for story telling, news, books, speeches, etc. "Compelled" is probably the most common though, and then I feel compelled to tell you that "appalling" probably comes next in line. Forgive my appalling lack of manners, but I can't think of a sentence at the moment for the other two. :) Seriously though, those examples are not everyday speech. People are simpler and less wordy. These words add richness or formality to the sentence, depending on what you're trying to achieve, but are not necessary for successful conversations. You'll find these mostly on paper, in story telling, or speeches. Hope this helps! Great question.
You may feel that "the acting at the play was appalling". (terrible) You could be "compelled to buy the new iPhone" because everyone else has it. "That destitute man from the street has gone now..". Destitute because he doesn't have basic needs. "Look at that indignant little child". Screaming at her mother after she told her no.