javi
Usage of "get to go away" I get to go away another time if I am lucky. Please meaning of "get to go away", here.
2
0
Hey Javi, how are you? I hope you are doing just fine! I shall provide you with an explanation of the usage of the word ''get'' in the context concerned: 1) Firstly, you should know that you use ''get to'' or ''grow to'' in front of another verb to say that someone 'gradually starts to have a particular attitude or feeling'. The idiom ''grow to'' is more formal than ''get to''. E.g.: ''I got to like the idea after a while''. E.g.: ''I grew to dislike working along with him''. * You also use ''get to'' to say that someone 'gradually starts to know or realize something'. E.g.: ''I got to understand it more as I grew older.'' E.g.: ''You'll enjoy college when you get to know a few people''. * If you ''get to do'' (something), then you 'have the opportunity to do it'. E.g.: ''They get to stay in nice hotels''. E.g.: ''We don't get to see each other very often''. As regards your example ''I get to go away another time if I am lucky'', the idea conveyed is that you can have the opportunity/be able to leave (a certain place) or depart, or even travel to somewhere in particular (another time) if you are lucky. Did you get the idea? I hope you did! :)
Here, "get" means "to have the oportunity/to have the chance/to have the option/ to be able"

And "to go away" means "to leave this place/to escape from something/to visit somewhere"

javi
English, Swahili