Juliana
What is the true meaning of this sentence? "내일은 친구 만나고, 서점에 갈 거예요" 1. Tomorrow I'm going to meet a friend and after I'm going to go to a bookstore. 2. Tomorrow I'm going to meet a friend and we're going to go to a bookstore. What is confusing for me is that if they're going to go to the library together or she'll go alone. Thanks!
All two things are right, but it's up to the context. This is the problem of the ambiguity of the sentence.
I would say your sentence has the meaning of #1. Consider these similarly structured sentences with different meanings. 1. 내일은 친구 만나고 서점에 갈 거예요. => Tomorrow, I'll see a friend, and go to a bookstore afterwords. 2. 내일은 친구 만나서 서점에 갈 거예요. => Tomorrow, I'll see a friend, and go to a bookstore with him/her. 3. 내일은 친구 만나 가지고 서점에 갈 거예요. => similar to #2, but more colloquial and emphasizes the connectedness. -고 connects two actions which are considered distinct from each other. -서 implies the two are part of integral activity, so meeting someone to do something is typically expressed with -서. 가지고 makes this integrality even stronger because it denotes "with/using the result" of the first action.
내일은 친구 만나고, 서점에 갈 거예요 is a little ambiguous sentence. It is better to use some adverb like 혼자, 같이 1. Tomorrow I'm going to meet a friend and after I'm going to go to a bookstore. 내일 친구를 만나고 나서 혼자 서점에 갈 거예요. 2. Tomorrow I'm going to meet a friend and we're going to go to a bookstore. 내일 친구를 만나서 같이 서점에 갈 거예요.