yakup
hi dudes, how can i set up my profile page? yes i am new.
6
0
Well, I guess you're all right, I have used a wrong word... sorry about that :) I hope I haven't offended anyone. I'm still learning this language and still have limited vocabulary. But anyway, I didn't like yakup's post. I still don't like it :)
What everyone is saying is all relatively (relatively- in relation, comparison, or proportion to something else.) subjective. Using dudes is very informal. Instead of using that I would have said Hi Everyone. If I were in a group chat full of friends I would say hey guys. If i was talking to just some male only friends. Hey, dude's can be used. Hope this was helpful.
Perhaps not disrespectful, but culturally limited, and still sensible to avoid.
I'm pretty sure dude is not disrespectful, I'd ignore that last comment ;) I hope you managed to set up your page man, let me know if you need any more help.
Dear "dude", remember that first impression is the last impression. Try to avoid such disrespectful colloquialisms in the future if you want to receive any help ;)
yakup
English, Turkish