shuiguoying
Shave the beard off/ shave off the beard Are they both right ?
22 авг. 2018 г., 10:07
3
0
Both sentences are correct. In English there are two kinds of phrasal verbs: separable and inseparable. 1.separable phrasal verbs are for example: shave off, switch on/off, get on/off. Separable means you can use the particle on/off, ect. before or after the object. In case you use an object pronoun like IT , you have to put the particle after the pronoun. So you have to say "Shave it off". You can't say "shave off it". 2.Inseparable phrasal verbs are for example: look after, come across, count on. "I look after my niece" not "I look my niece after".
22 августа 2018 г.
yes, they both are right
22 августа 2018 г.
Yes. Both are correct, and there is no difference in meaning. For example: He shaved off his beard. He shaved his beard off. In this case, you have a choice about where to place the 'off'. In other cases, you don't: If you're using a pronoun, the pronoun has to come before 'off'. For example: Jack used to have a beard, but he shaved it off. ( You can't say '..shaved off it'). If the object clause is very long, this should come after the 'off'. For example: Jack shaved off the beard that he'd grown while he was trekking in the Himalayas.
22 августа 2018 г.
shuiguoying