Esther
Is there something wrong in this following sentence? Thanks a million! Each day and scene in our life is the exciting and joyful outcome of techonological innovation. 1.each day and each place is better? 2."is" correct? 3.Does it does strange for you? I am so sorry for my English
22 авг. 2018 г., 11:25
6
0
1 makes more sense with 'scene' than 'place'. I would use 'every day' rather than 'each day', as you are referring to the totality of days, not to all individual days. 2 yes, correct. 3 yes, it is strange; such gushing and uncritical enthusiasm for technological change is uncharacteristic of writing in English.
22 августа 2018 г.
Ester, this does sound strange. It is so strange that I cannot determine exactly what you want to say in order to be helpful. The way you have written it, makes it sound like every hour of every day we have a positive impact from technology. That is not a popular opinion so I'm not sure that I understand it correctly. * "each place" does sound better than "scene". Also, exciting is a good word, but joyful is not a word that would apply to technological innovation.
22 августа 2018 г.
There is also the point that you wrote "techonological" and it should be "technological"
22 августа 2018 г.
1. I think 'Each day and place' conveys your message better. 2. Yes, "is" is correct in this usage. 3. Are you asking if it sounds strange? I'm not sure if the passing of one day to the next has anything to do with technological innovation, but other than that, it's fine. Hope this helps!
22 августа 2018 г.
Esther