Lorisso
Is this phrase correct? "The young girls could wear headscarves at the college provides that they took it off in classrom", is it correct? Does it sound natural to a native speaker?

I have translated this phrase from French, if it can be useful the original is "les jeunes filles peuvent porter le voile au collège à condition de l'enlever en classe".

"The girls could wear headscarves at the college provided that they took them off in the classroom" This is the correct wording for the past tense not the present tense. "The girls could/can wear headscarves at the college provided that they take them off in the classroom" This is the correct wording for the present tense.
Try this: "The young girls can wear headscarves at the college provided that they take them off in the classroom." Hope this helps!
Close, with your translation I understand it as: "The girls can wear headscarves that the college provides but they have to take them off during class" However, while I don't know french a direct translation from google translate is: "Girls can wear headscarves in college if they take them off in class." This is also a native/natural sounding sentence.