Şervan Kurdî
presents of signaling traffic! Table V shows the end-to-end results obtained for the integrated access and core networks. The manufacturer specifies 12Mbps throughput for the access network. The drop in network throughput can be attributed to the presents of signaling traffic. What does the phrase "the presents of signaling traffic" mean in this context? Is the word "signaling" a verb or an adjective for the word "traffic"? Thanks a lot in advance
I am not an expert in this field but I am quite sure that "signalling traffic" is a compound noun. "signalling" is an uncountable activity, which is being used here as an adjective. See these examples: https://fraze.it/n_search.jsp?q=signaling+traffic&l=0&t=0&ffo=false&findid=-1&ff= "signalling" does not make sense as a gerund in your sentence.
Ok Servan then its too technical for me to answer. You need someone who understands this to answer.
Thank you, Bill. It's presents and not presence.
Is it presents or presence? Have you spelt the word correctly? Signaling is an adjective describes what kind of traffic it is.