Hossein gh
Is this sentence correct? No way--no way will I hand it over! Not even should I die will I hand it over! How does this sentence make sense? what is the meaning?
5
0
Someone wants something from him but he will not give it even if he will be killed.
Yes, it makes sense. The person is saying that they will never hand over the object/information. They use "not even should I die" to emphasise that this object/information will die with them. I hope this makes sense to you?
I'm a native english speaker and YES it does make sense. It means that the author is saying under no circumstances, even if he should die or be killed, will he hand it over (whatever "it" may be).
It doesn't make sense because "Not even should i die will ibhand it over" is not a correct phrase, "over my dead body" is the phrase that oftenly used in such situations.
Hossein gh
English, Persian (Farsi)