Joey Rox Reneau
How do you define fluency ? It comprises dictation listening speaking creating writing reading , At least I believed
4
0
To me, it means to carry on a conversation without thinking about the language itself. It means to think a thought and automatically be able to express that thought in the target language. It means to listen to the reply and understand the meaning without thinking about the words. I sometimes reach this level, some of the time, for simple subjects. For example, I am sometimes aware of understanding what my language companion means a split-second _before_ I am aware of the words actual words that have been used.
The ability to communicate in a foreign language comfortably at a certain level, depending on your goals.
I agree with Dan and Ben. It's when the L2 becomes so transparent, you start to live your entire life through it.
I think that it means 'to use all the skills to communicate in another language with the same ability you have in your native language'. However, as Ben said in his answer, you might have different goals/objectives for the language you are learning from how you use your native language. For example, you may be an author in your native language, but only want to speak in another language. Therefore, 'fluency' might be different for different people.
Joey Rox Reneau
Aromanian, Chinese (Taiwanese), English
Aromanian, English