Please tell me about 'The great vowel shift'. Hello there! I've heard some interesting things called ‘The great vowel shift' , 'grammatical gender' in old English and 'Anglish'. Can you help me with this? Just curious but I'm really interested in how English evolve and change. Thank you in advance!
Aug 24, 2018 4:27 PM
Answers · 4
for a youtube documentary you can try Melvyn Bragg "the adventure of English" I'm reasonably certain that there is one episode about the vowel shift.
August 24, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!