WilliamVZ
Does the phrase "hold on a moment" only can be used in a cellphone conversation? Or it can be used to say a person that's in front of you that wait a moment?
9
0
Yes, can be used in many cases. . Hold on a moment, while I answer this question. Hold on a moment, I'd like to look at these socks on sale. Hold on a moment, that looks like our bus coming.
Also, "give me a second" or "wait a second". Often enough we shorten the phrase to just "hold on" or "hold a moment" or "hold a moment please" or "hold please" or "please hold". I would also think it common to hear "wait a sec" or "hold a sec" in more familiar speech that is. If you prefer you can use the idiom "hold your horses".
Esta es mismo en la móvil y también no en la móvil. It's the same on the phone and in person. Estamos también decir We also say Just a second Or Wait a minute Or Give us a second Or give us a minute
Yeah, it can be used for both of that
Thanks!
WilliamVZ
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish