Yas
"귀엽다 × 귀여워요" when to use each?
4
1
There are seven verb paradigms or speech levels in Korean, and each level has its own unique set of verb endings which are used to indicate the level of formality of a situation. Refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_speech_levels Here are four common speech levels 1. 귀엽습니다 is Hasipsio-che(하십시오체) This conversational style is generally called either the "formal" or the "formal polite." This is a common style of speaking. A conversation with a stranger will generally start out in this style and gradually fade into more and more frequent haeyo-che. It is used between strangers at the start of a conversation among male co-workers to customers 2. 귀여워요 is Haeyo-che(해요체) This speech style is called the "polite" style in English. It is remarkable in that it is used both with higher level pronouns. It is used mainly: In Korean phrasebooks for foreigners. Between strangers, especially those older or of equal age. Between female co-workers or friends. By younger speakers as a less old-fashioned alternative to the hao-che. 3. 귀엽다 Haera-che(해라체) This conversational style is generally called the "plain" style. In writing and quoting, the plain style is the equivalent of the third person. It is used: To close friends or relatives of similar age, and by adults to children. In impersonal writing and indirect quotations ("She said that..."). In grammar books, to give examples. In some exclamations. 3. 귀여워 is Hae-che(해체) This conversational style is called the "intimate" in English. It is used Between close friends and relatives. When talking to children. You can use 귀엽습니다 to anyone older than you. You can use 귀여워요 to younger strangers/anyone not intimate same age with you. You can use 귀엽다 to close friends or relatives of similar age, and by adults to children You can use 귀여워 to children/intimate friends/family
"귀엽다" is used when you talk to yourself. Of course, it is a base form of "귀엽다." There are tones of way you can conjugate the word, "귀엽다." For example, your friend shows a cute picture of his dog to you. And you might want to say to yourself by saying "어~~~ 귀엽다!" But it's like an exclamatory phrase. You don't expect the other person to respond to your speech. Just because you just talk to yourself...but we are human beings...if someone talks to themselves when someone is near you, usually they react. I think so. I read the phrase. Please, check it. https://vocaroo.com/i/s1l5umm4Kkp1 "귀여워요" is used when you communicate with someone. In the same situation like I described it above, you say "귀여워요" in order to communicate with the one who showed the picture. When you say this phrase, you might want to look at the person who showed the pic. It might sound like: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0mQdr6ZuTKu Please, leave a comment when you have a further question.
Hi my name is Kian I have ielts license I can help you
Yas
English, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese
English, French, Japanese, Korean