I'll do my best? I'll work hard? What is the difference in meaning? "I'll do my best." or "I'll work hard."
They often mean the same thing, but if you say: 'I will do my best not to get angry/upset', or 'I will do my best to remain calm' that does not mean you will work hard, at least not in the usual sense. Rather, it means that you will try hard to control or enforce a particular emotion.
Thank you for your comment! It is easy to understand for me!
I may have strong interference of my native tongue here as these two sentences are translated differently and I've never thought before they mean pretty much the same. "do my best" is about trying hard to accomplish something, make every effort, perform all the necessary actions "work hard" is work hard, diligently, do certain tasks that will enable you to achieve some result In my opinion "do my best" assumes a wider variety of actions.