soyeon
If you can't think of a word while speaking, what do you say? If you can't think of a word while speaking, what do you say? Please give me a natural and friendly expression. Thank you in advance. What was that? let me think, Hold on a second I know the word.. wait a second.. it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember that 1.When you can't remember the word, -can't think off the top of my head -i have it in my head but I can’t think of it right now -It went blank -can’t think of it it was in my mind a minute ago -I got nothing -I can’t think of it offhand -I'm trying to remember that but, I'm drawing a blank. 2.When the word comes to mind, Oh yea! "_____" oh I got it! "_____"
4
0
Ask the person you are speaking with if they can help you to find the word you want to say. Or, you could say, 'maybe it will come to me later.'
on the tip of the tongue => almost able to recall it EX. Christina told me she is dating someone, oh what's his name again? Just give me a minute, I'll remember it. I had the answer on the tip of my tongue.
Thanks for your post !
soyeon
English, Korean, Spanish
Spanish