Aya
che vuol dire "gli ho ringhiato tra i denti di muoversi" in inglese ? la frase completa e' " l'ho scrollato come fosse un ramo carico di neve e gli ho ringhiato tra i denti di muoversi. grazie mille :)
**Ringhiare is the dogs' threatening growl **Tra i denti // A denti stretti = lit. through one's own teeth, means not with the open mouth - therefore, it means "not saying it out loud". (1) it can be used about any. About laughing, or telling a secret. (2) but here it means that the person is angry and her jaws are clenched, therefore she is staring her target showing her teeth -- just like an angry dog. So it is not really the figurate use of the idiomatic expression (1), but rather a very literal image (2): -- and, with my teeth clenched, I growled him(/ it/ her) to move (EDIT - to move) bye
'Ringhiare' is referred to a growl of a violent dog that threats someone. One possible translation could be 'I screamed at him to move'.