Maggie
question The words on the screen were these: today wasn't so bad, she supposed. She crossed the grass to her car, and laughed when she saw the white square of paper under the windshield. Cam Delancey, who refused to be discouraged, or to take no for an answer, had invited her to another of his Thursday-night wine-tasting parties. She took the paper, started to tear it up, then changed her mind and stuck it in the hip pocket of her jeans, instead. Question: she saw the white square of paper under the windshield. --- inside the car or outside the car?
You can't put a note 'under' a windshield at least not on my car I suppose they mean windshield wiper but have left the wiper bit out. I have seen some people write windshield meaning the wiper so my thought is, it is outside the car.
That's a bit of a funny one, because you can't really get "under" a windshield! :) This would be outside the car, and I assume placed "under" the windshield wiper.
Logic suggests it was under a wiper)