Cristian Manrique
Can anyone help me to understand this phrase? 1. People on my side go over my head all the time What is going all over muy head? Thank you.
3
0
This can have a different meaning depending on the context. 1. to go to a more important or powerful person in order to get what you want I was furious that he went over my head and complained to my manager. 2.to be too difficult for someone to understand hope this helps bud
Typically going over one's head means one of two things (in my experience). Option 1: to not understand something (ex: Science class was very confusing today, it was completely over my head.") Option 2: to go to a more important or powerful person to get what you want (ex: My manager wouldn't let me work on the high profile presentation for our clients, so I went over his head and asked the company director). Do either of those make sense with what you're reading? I'd guess the second option, based on your sentence.
google idiom "go over my head" https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_over_someone%27s_head go over someone's head (idiomatic) To take up an issue with another person's boss or other superior rather than beginning or continuing to deal with the original person. She went over his head and took her complaint directly to the president of the company. (idiomatic) To escape someone's comprehension. I listened carefully, but the technical jargon went over my head.
Cristian Manrique
English, Italian, Spanish