Şervan Kurdî
Creative therapy and Creative therapist like "art therapy" and "art therapist" Are the phrases above correct? (in terms of creativity. For example, a creative-therapist and creative-oriented environment, or is it better to say, creativity-therapist, creativity-oriented. Or just they are completely wrong. If so, what is the correct expression to describe such an environment? an environment in which creativity is used as its primary mode of expression and communication) Thanks a lot in advance
Aug 29, 2018 9:12 PM
Answers · 3
Creative therapy and creative therapist are both perfectly fine, I even have a friend with this job title. No hyphens here, though. You could say that creative therapists work in a creativity-oriented environment or, as hyphens are becoming less popular, a creativity oriented one. Arguably they do not, as their primary purpose is not creative but therapeutic, whereas an artist's studio or improv workshop are unmistakably creativity-oriented.
August 29, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!