Ximena Yg
Phrasal verbs I'll appreciate if you could tell me, which context can I use these phrasal verbs: drive off - chase up - take out - pass out- get back.
He was sure that he had anoyed the boss of an organised crime operation. He was sure they would take him out.
You want their meanings? Bascially you can use them any time you want that meaning. :) . drive off - She drove off with the petrol pump hose still attached. To drive away from some reference point. chase up - The report was late, not on thedesk as agreed. He chased up on it immediately. - to pursue, investiage, follow up. take out - No idea. What dpes this mean? Sounds like American for "takeaway food" a noun. Take out your books and study chapter 3. - to remove something form somewhere or something. pass out- He had drunk far too much. He passed out on the street one block from the pub. - to loose consciousness. Pass out these leaflets. Everyone should read them by tomorrow's class. - to hand out, to distribute. get back. She was feeling jilted. She determined to get back at him as soon as possible - to get revenge. Get back from the barrier. The waves will reach here very soon. You will all get wet if you stay there. - to back away from, to withdraw from, to move away form.