Şervan Kurdî
30+-year-old! What's the proper adjective for a person whose age is beyond or more than 30 years old? Thanks a lot in advance
Aug 30, 2018 6:22 PM
Answers · 7
Middle-aged is a term commonly used for people between 35 and 55. It generally coincides with the period in life when you might have children at home. In your youth, you don't have children. In your old age, your children have left home. However, a lot of people in their 30's don't like to be called middle-aged.
August 30, 2018
You could probably say "young adult" which is the best way to not offend anyone ;)
August 30, 2018
If they are specifically 30-40, another alternative is 'thirty-something'. e.g. 'There are quite a few thirty-somethings living in that neighbourhood.'
August 30, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!