"entrar" vs. "ingresar" -- which would be a better of choice of word, in this case? Hi, If I need to tell my client on the phone that I need his/her information (account number, name, date of birth, etc.) to "enter" his/her account, should I use the verb entrar or ingresar? Which sounds better in Spanish? ¡Gracias!
Hola! En este caso la palabra correcta es "ingresar", porque estas hablando de los datos/información. "Entrar" se usa para personas o animales que realizan la acción: Entrar a un lugar, por ejemplo "Yo entro en mi casa"
In Spain we would use entrar o acceder : "Entra en tu cuenta" o "Accede a tu cuenta. Acceder would be more professional, more formal, if you know what I mean.
You're talking about logging in to his account, right? Both are correct, but "Ingresar" or "acceder" is better because you're dealing with a client, not with a friend. "Por favor, deme sus datos para poder ingresar/acceder a su cuenta"
Hi I'm learning English and Spanish, but my language is quite similar to Spanish. I think the best way would be entrar If you wanna mean that you will see or check her/his count, but if you wanna create his/her count (in a bank for example) the correct would be engresar. I hope it helps you :)