Touri Tsushima
I did a test and almost every answer i gave was wrong!!! 1.In the sentence "he has a wish to travel around the whole world"to travel around the whole world is? A.an attribute B.an adverbial Why B? 2.If you _ more than a week to take care of your baby,ask the top manager A.should need B.should need Why not A? 3.Its no wonder youve got a headache _ you drink so much last night. A.while B.when Why B? 4.I would rather apologize to my boss for being late without an explanation than_ an excuse. A.fabricate B.forge C.fake D.pretend The answer is A,why not C? 5.Several guests were waiting in the _ for the front door to open A.proch B.entry Why not B? 6.They are such beautiful vases _ everybody wants to buy _ less than half an hour A.as that B.that as C.as as D.which that Why A? 7.Success in life does not deoend so much on chance_ on diligence and honestly. A.but B.as Why not A? There are really many questions,it would be great if you help me.Thank you in advance!
1.In the sentence "he has a wish to travel around the whole world"to travel around the whole world is? A.an attribute B.an adverbial Why B? No clue, sorry. 2.If you _ more than a week to take care of your baby,ask the top manager A.should need B.should need Why not A? A and B are the same. 3.Its no wonder youve got a headache _ you drink so much last night. A.while B.when Why B? The headache came later. So "while" is not correct. "when" here means because, as a consequence of. 4.I would rather apologize to my boss for being late without an explanation than_ an excuse. A.fabricate B.forge C.fake D.pretend The answer is A,why not C? The excuse is an explanation. It is not fake, it is an explanation. It may be untrue, but it remains an explanation. Fabricate, means "make up", create. 5.Several guests were waiting in the _ for the front door to open A.proch B.entry Why not B? A should be "porch"? It would be "on the porch". 6.They are such beautiful vases _ everybody wants to buy _ less than half an hour A.as that B.that as C.as as D.which that Why A? Neither makes sense. Sorry, I cannot see what mistake has been made. Difficult to connect time to this sentence start. 7.Success in life does not deoend so much on chance_ on diligence and honestly. A.but B.as Why not A? depend ...not so much X as Y ...not X but Y The structure used is not so much X ... hence "as"
4= a Fabricate, because you fabricate an excuses in your mind. It cannot be B forge because to forge = to make in a forge (a blacksmith) or to make false fake documents. you cannot make a forgery in your mind. You have to actually make or obtain a fake/forgery and present it so someone.
1 because "to travel" is a verb 2 you wrote a mistake, both A and B are same "should need", the correct variant is "need" 3 because he didn't get a headache in the process of drinking 4 that's called "words combinations", like you cannot say "bake meat" 5 entry is after the door, while porch (not proch as you wrote) is before it 6 because "such... as..." 7 so much... as you are inattentive therefore you don't see the details halping to choose the right variant
Oh,sorry,I should write "would need" and "should need"
2. A and B appear to be the same.