emar
Half of the group are women It goes like this I have a lot of friends. My group of friends consists of 18 people . Half of it is women and the other half men. Would you say it like this ? Thanks
Creo que es una pregunta sobre la gramática inglesa, ¿verdad? In this case, 'are' is correct because you're referring to 'women' and 'men', which are plural nouns: - Half of my [group of ] friends are women, the other half are men. Similarly, you can't refer to 'half the group' as 'it': - Half of them are women. In other situations, you can use either a singular or plural verb conjugation because there's no obvious singular or plural noun: - Half the group is/are ready to leave. But: - Half of them are ready to leave. ... because 'them' is clearly a plural subject. Por cierto, ¿cómo se dice en español? "La mitad del grupo es/son mujeres"