Patrick J. Hannigan
Donde Siempre Hola, I came across a phrase used in a spanish learner phrasebook. Donde siempre the book tells me it means the usual place. Is that what this phrase means and is it used often?
Given the appropriate context, yes, the phrase can mean "the usual place." For example: A: ¿Dónde nos reunimos? (Where are we meeting?) B: Donde siempre. (At the usual place) In this example, it is really a shortened form of the intended reply, since the meaning that B is really conveying is "Donde siempre nos reunimos" ("Where we always meet" i.e. the usual place). Note: "donde" means "where" and "siempre" means "always" However, not every occurrence of "donde siempre" would be translated as "the usual place." For example: Hoy otro estudiante se sentó donde siempre me siento. (Today, another student sat where I always sit.) I hope this helps!
yeahh it implies "at the same place/location"
Hey Patrick! This phrase is typical in spanish, normally is used in situations where you are deciding where to meet or find a person. Example. -Donde nos juntamos hoy? -Donde siempre, en nuestro bar favorito.