Pineapple
media accounts back in Canada Does "he had to rely on media accounts back in Canada" mean "he had to rely on Canadian media reports" or ""he had to rely on media reports after he came back to Canada"? I think the former is intended. Am I right? Context: In 1993, during Operation Deliverance in Somalia, two aboriginal Canadian members of the airborne regiment had tortured and killed a Somali teenager named Shidane Arone. The official war artist in Somalia, Allan Harding MacKay, discovered that, even though he was in the right place at the right time, he too had to rely on media accounts back in Canada to understand what had been happening in front of him.
1 сент. 2018 г., 11:12
2
0
It means that he did have not have the information at his location and needed the Canadian media as a resource. Either the local information was unreliable or unavailable.
1 сентября 2018 г.
Yes its how I read it what they are saying back in Canada helps him to understand what he is seeing in front of him.
1 сентября 2018 г.
Pineapple
English, German, Persian (Farsi)
English, German