Teacher Kerri
What are all possible translations for "tener ganas"? I really love this Spanish expression and would like to know all English translations possible, for example: 1) desire to do or to have something 2) an urge to do or to have something What else?
I know it's sometimes...but seemingly not always...used for "to look forward to." Perhaps a native speaker can correct me on this.
Ok, since you wanted "all possible translations", here goes the missing one: "Tengo ganas de Coca Cola" means "I have a craving for Coke".
"Be in the mood" could be also a meaning of tener ganas. For example, tengo ganas de comer helado. - Vamos a cine? - No, no tengo ganas
it is practically "have the desire to do something(that you want a lot)" an urge is when the desire came out of nowhere, so we say "me dieron ganas" it was suddenly.