Ana
Do you think in your native language when you're reading in other language that you want learn?
Learners go through stages. Initially, most translate with an effort. At a higher level, most translate "instantly." Finally, most read without translation; they understand "instantly." In French, I understand "instantly," and in Spanish, I translate "instantly." I find myself thinking in French when doing sustained work in French (writing a report, ...).
I agree with your opinion, but sometimes when there is a expresion I can't understand the overall meaning of the sentence.
When I'm reading Dutch I also think in Dutch. It would be inefficient for me to keep translating everything to myself in English especially if I understand the Dutch any way if that makes sense?
Most of the time- most especially if I have limited vocabulary let's say, in Russian. I will only be able to think in the language that I'm learning if I'm already well versed with vocabulary and grammar
Yes I do, sometimes when I read english i translate it with my own native and sometimes it sounds my translate was bad