Apple
Does it sound natural to say " get a refund of the duty ."? 1. You know sometimes after you purchased something and normally you pay the duty for the item as well , but in some countries , you can get a refund of the duty . So here's my question : How should I say it in English ? Like " where can I get a refund of the duty for the lipsticks I just got ?" 2. What does " there's no ambiguity..." mean? Can you give me an example using this phrase ? And does it sound too formal so that it may sound weird in daily conversations? Thanks a lot for answering these questions !
1. Yes, that sounds natural. You can also say “Where can I get a refund of the duty I paid on the lipstick I just bought.” 2. “There’s no ambiguity” means “the meaning is clear, and there is no uncertainty.” “Ambiguity” is not too formal to use in everyday conversation. Example: A professor might say: “Just so there is no ambiguity, let me repeat myself: The deadline to turn in the assignment is 5 p.m. on November 8. Any assignment turned in after that deadline will not receive ANY credit.”