Apple
What are the alternatives of saying " my home is close to my workplace ." I've only known a few , which are : 1. My home is near my workplace . 2. My home is within walking distance from my workplace . 3. My home is within a stone's throw from my workplace . 4. My home is in close proximity to my workplace . I wonder if any of these expressions is outdated or sound unnatural ? And what are the alternatives of saying one place is near or far away from another place ? Thanks a lot !
8
1
Why can't I use the word "workplace"? Is it outdated? Which other words can I use instead?
The ones i would use are : my home is only a stones throw from work.( this tends to be used informally) my home is in close proximity to my work (formal and unnatural sounding ) my home is not far from work ( most common and natural sounding) hope this helps.

Some fun ones for australia for describing distance are:

A hop skip and a jump

Just round the corner

Others: I live really close to work. My home is not far from my office. I have a really short commute to work.
Apple