Mike Wang
A question about grammar Is this correct? The interesting part is seeing his prudent mom "taking" care of his irresponsible, chicken, and childish dad. Could it be other forms of the verb "take"? Given "see" is a verb of perception, so I used the -ing form.
You can use the base form (take), meaning the action is completed. The -ing form (taking) tells us it's an unfinished action. There aren't any other possible forms of the verb here.
What you wrote is perfectly correct, the only slight problem is one of style: there is something slightly ugly about repeating the -ing suffix, I would avoid it here by using the infinitive 'take' instead of the gerund 'taking'.
"taking care" is a phrase used very often in English. I suppose you could say "giving care to" or "caring for" but "taking care" is by far the most common in daily speech.