Ng
Is my sentence complete While in economics, the number of male was double that of female, at 150 compared to just 75, math saw its male figure nearly tripled that of female , at 200 compared to just nearly 60 . I don't want to use "males " and "females" too much. Can I just write the number like that with no object ?
3
0
I totally agree with Felicity Wright
You would still need to used the plurals in your sentence as you are talking about more than one male and more than one female. I would write - Whilst in economics, the number of males was double that of females - 150 compared to just 75. In maths the difference was nearly triple with 200 males compared to just nearly 60 females. *However rather than saying 'just nearly 60 females' I would write a specific number - for example: '...compared to 58 females' or you could say 'approximately 60 females'
You don't say "males". Unclear what your question is. Is it whether you have to write ..., at 200 males compared to just nearly 60 females?
Ng
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean