mohamed محمد سعد
HOW TO SAY ''DID YOU EVER'' IN A VERY VERY FAST WAY AND IT WILL STILL BE UNDERSTOOD ? I WAS WATCHING A TV SHOW WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES .I HEARD HIM SAYING >>SHUUGAA AND I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I KNEW THAT IT IS DID YOU EVER THE QUESTION IS ARE YOU REALLY SAY IT LIKE THAT( https://youtu.be/BoY_jkUngls) HERE IS THE VIDEO
5
0
Yes, that's quite normal in English speech. All three words are "weak" syllables and they get pushed together. "Did you ever" sounds a bit like "j'eva" but we are still saying "did you ever".
When watching the video I recognized it incredibly easily. However, I would strongly recommend not trying to pronounce it that way. It is also common to pronounce it normally, saying every word clearly, and you will not be any less respected for saying it that way. it is important to be able to speak clearly when learning a new language. If I was learning how to say it by learning from that video, I would probably end up saying it incorrectly. it is much easier for me to imagine just saying "did you ever" normally and shifting it to those sounds. (I guess it's closest to "d'y'ever" with the y turning into a j, but it is also common to say d'y'ever with y as a y.)
mohamed محمد سعد
Arabic, English