Tâm
Can I say? 1 This carnival is Halloween / Holi. 2 This carnival is Halloween Carnival / Holi Carnival / Rio Carnival. 3 That carnival was Halloween / Holi. 4 That carnival was Halloween Carnival / Holi Carnival / Rio Carnival. 5 When I am in a carnival: A: What carnival is this? B: This is Halloween Carnival / Holi Carnival / Rio Carnival. 6 When my friend said to me: A: I was in a carnival last night. B: What carnival was that? A: That was Halloween Carnival / Holi Carnival / Rio Carnival. Thank you for your help!
Apart from Hilary's comment about Halloween not being Carnival, all the sentences are correct, and the use of this and that is correct.
These are not carnivals. Halloween is a holiday. Holi is a holiday and can be celebrated as a festival. A carnival is like place with amusement park rides and loud music.