mayi
Question about "whether" "You should also ask whether you have been taking care of your mental health." Could I say: You should also ask that have you been taking care of your mental health to express the same meaning? Thanks a lot.
我明白你的意思,不过其实可以有你的想法,不过书写形式有所区别 I asked him if I was wrong. 用if/whether 来表达一个question I told him that I was wrong. 用that来表达你的一个statement I asked him: am I wrong? 也可以用间接引语来表达一个statement, 不过这里也不用that
No, you can't say that. "Whether" can be replaced by "if" and nothing else.
No. the first sentence using "whether" is correct
thanks for your help. Paul~ this really helps me a lot
Hi, As I am reading Oxford PracticeGrammar, found this in the index pages: 1. with to infinitive form. We'll have to decide whether to go( to infinitive) ahead with the project. One can't use the 'if' form. The same with: I was wondering whether to order(to infinitive) some coffee or tea. 2. Direct question: 'Has the taxi arrived jet?' 'No, not jet' Reported question - indirect question: Someone was wondering if/whether the taxi (noun) has arrived yet. 'Can we take photos?' -'Yes, of course.' ---> The visitors wanted to know if/whether they (noun) can take photos.