Shing
Question needed your help Hi guys! I want to ask you some sentence that confused me. I hear "Do you know where the toilet is in this building?" But, I thought it should be "Do you know where IS the toilet in this building?" just like "Where are you? " the be-vred should be put before the noun, is it not? I am looking forward to seeing your response. :) Thanks in advance!
The first one is correct. The second one would be understood, but it is not normally said like that. The second sentence is different from "Where are you?" because of the beginning "Do you know". You could say "Where is the toilet", but if you keep the "Do you know" at the beginning then you should put the toilet before the is. Also this is incorrect: "Hi guys! I want to ask you some sentence that confused me." You could rephrase it as "Hi guys! I want to ask you about a sentence that confused me."
Both are right
Both are right
Both are right
Later, I will google "5 types of questions". Thank you again, Кирилл! :)