Gabriel
Using articles(help) Hi, there Should you say "He wants to know what the difference between AN autocratic, democratic and oligarchy government is" or ""He wants to know what the difference between AN autocratic, A democratic and AN oligarchy government is"? Should I put an indefinite article before every adjective? Or just before the first adjective (autocratic)? Thank you
you could also write it like this: "He wants to know what the difference between AN autocratic, democratic and oligarchic government is" using the Oxford comma, where you more clearly mark that the last part is meant as a combination. the second item in a two item list. All of this is much debated and is a question of choice and personal style. the OXFORD COMMA comes after autocratic, the first item and the second or in this case final (combined item) in the list.
"He wants to know what the difference between AN autocratic, A democratic OR AN oligarchy government is" it is very debatable whether certain Governments Like the British or American Governments are democratically elected governments, or oligarchy. Because their ranks come from a select few wealthy people who can afford the election costs. I would put an article between each one when writing, just to avoid confusion. You will have to see what the official teaching response is. Everybody would understand what you meant whether written or spoken. With or without the articles.
Both are ok. I prefer the first, with a single indefinite article. The only issue is with "oligarchy." I think for consistency, you should change it to "oligarchic." (Make them all adjectives).