Wanda
Can anybody please answer my question? Where are the professional English teachers? https://www.italki.com/question/446268
8
0
You are in the "COMMUNITY" section of this website. To find teachers, go to the "FIND A TEACHER" section marked at the top of the page. Select the language you want to learn and then pick "PROFFESSIONAL TEACHER". You can also select which country you want the teacher to be from. (England, Australia or Canada, for example) Each PROFESSIONAL teacher has an introductory video you can watch and their prices and availability are shown on their individual pages.
"He shut the party down" can easily be changed into "he shut down the party". There's no change in meaning here. "The students were told to shut up" I think is a good example of a non-separable verbal phrase.
What exactly do you want? you can find native English speakers here
Another example I just thought of " shut down/up" 1. He shut the party down. 2. He was asked to shut down the party. 1. The students were told to shut up. 2. The teacher was told to shut the students up. Only some verbs can do this... hmm..
TBH, I think most teachers here do not have students who are at your level and ask such difficult questions like that one from yesterday. Hahaha xD
Wanda
Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish
French, Spanish