Tara
你嘅電話幾多號啊? Hi all, In this sentence, "What's you're phone number" why is it 號 and not 號碼, and why is it coming after the 幾多 rather than between 電話 and 幾多? Is there a difference between this sentence and 你嘅電話號碼幾多啊? Thank you!
It's OK but it's a bit unnatural although natives could understand what the meaning is.Natives usually say 你嘅電話(喺)幾多 or 你嘅電話號碼(喺)幾多
你嘅電話幾多號啊? 你嘅電話號碼幾多啊? What's your phone number ? There is no difference between these two sentences. Both are ok.
你的电话号码系几多?
This is a great question. I don't think there is right or wrong here except for personal preference. I personally say 你嘅電話幾多啊? or 你嘅電話號碼幾多啊? 你嘅電話幾多號啊?doesn't sound very natural to me although I can imagine some saying that. Not sure of the best way to explain why it is what it is. But think of "how you doing" versus "how are you doing" in English.
Tara
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish