Dan Millán
What's the difference betwen DO and MAKE??
5
0
Making is creating something anything even food dishes, cakes, meals etc. Doing is when you are actually doing something like making a cake. But A NATIVE WOULD NEVER SAY "I am doing the cake making", like Valentin suggests. This is a very typical mistake heard constantly in the UK by indian speakers, but not all of them. "I am making/baking a cake" I suggest you try to always say "I am baking a cake" because you are doing the bakeING. "I do sleep" is only correct in some contexts but not this question. you do not do sleep-ING "I do my homeworkS" is totally wrong. "I am doing my homework" is correct. Making = the process of actually producing something. Doing= the process that someone is actually engaged in (present tense doing. NOW ) "Dan Millan makers of delicate Spanish Figurines" "Dan Millan producers of delicate Spanish Figurines" For a business/ company or individual making.producing these things to sell. Both sentences mean the same.
MAKE is more about creating and combining things together in order to give existence to something. e.g. I make a cake DO is more about actions and is more extensively used (also for grammatical construction). e.g. I do make a cake, I do sleep, I do my homeworks.
Oh there are millions articles and videos about these two. Google them up.
Dan Millán