Richard Shu
Need help understanding this phrase " in einem Statement, das WELT vorliegt" The phrase is from this sentence: "Die KFC-Zentrale in Deutschland teilte in einem Statement, das WELT vorliegt, mit: Das Wohlbefinden der Gäste habe höchste Priorität. " I think a rough translation is as follows but I want to make sure that I got it right... The KFC-Central in Germany issued a Statement, that was presented to Die Welt, saying ....
I am not sure about the English translation. Doesn't "present to" mean something more along the lines of actively addressing someone, e.g. "He presented a statement to the media, announcing his retirement" or something? "vorliegen" just means that the newspaper WELT is in possession of / somehow got their hands on this statement. The implication is that the KFC-Zentrale didn't issue a public statement, but possibly directly contacted the British tourists and somehow WELT got wind of that.
Yeah, you got it right. The next part goes: "the well-being of the guests is the top priority"