"Hacer ilusiones" - "Dar falsas ilusiones" How would you say "hacer ilusiones" or "dar falsas ilusiones" For example, don't make them to have falsas ilusiones. I don't wanna hacerme ilusiones about the trip to Cuba. You shouldn't give him falsas ilusiones. Maybe the examples are kinda confusing, but I hope you can have an idea so that you can help me out. Have a nice day.
There are a few similar phrases in English. Some examples are: ‘Don’t give them false hope, no one knows how this will turn out’ ‘I don’t want to get my expectations up about the trip’ ‘You shouldn’t lead him on’ ‘I was kidding myself that I would just turn up and get the job just like that’
Ilusión can be translated to ilusion but in this context it is hope (esperanza). I don't want to give them false hopes. I don't want to have false hopes about the trip to Cuba. You shouldn't give him false hopes. And you don't make (hacer) and give (dar) hopes in English but have (tener) and give (dar).