Igor
" ...who won’t have the drains seen to" ? What may the word "drains" mean here? I can reconcile it with the meaning "burden", but I am not sure. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/drain 2 drain, noun, 3: "Now, I knew that them two houses in Lauriston Gardens was empty on account of him that owns them who won’t have the drains seen to, though the very last tenant what lived in one of them died o’ typhoid fever." It's from "The Study in Scarlet"
In Britain, the sewer pipes are referred to as 'drains'. Typhoid is a water-borne disease from drinking water contaminated with raw sewage. The passage is criticizing the landlord who won't fix the drains even though his last tenant's death may have been related to the faulty drains. To 'see to' something is a British colloquialism for fixing it or dealing with it. By the way, this is very rough English, spoken perhaps by less educated persons in the past, it is not proper speech.
Exactly What Sharon has said, I confirm the text is of a very old and uneducated style. Such as would have been heard from a very poor person living in old rundown slums, of more than a minimum of about 60 years ago in England.Do not copy the style of writing or speaking.