"Be careful do not drop it", is it right?
Please review the below sentences for any mistakes and suggest alternates:
- Be careful do not drop it
- Be careful do not fall it
- Be careful do not knock it off
Sep 9, 2018 10:57 AM
Answers · 5
I would use commas, as there are really two clauses there. The second one is incorrect.
- Be careful, do not drop it
- Be careful, do not let it fall
- Be careful, do not knock it off
September 9, 2018
I would subsitute the words "dont" and "doesnt" for "do not". In spoken english the shortened version has more emphatic qualities. For instance
"Be careful, dont drop it!"
"Careful it doesnt fall!"
"Careful you dont knock it over!"
Remember to use exclamation marks in written english to emphasise the urgency of the statement too