YOURA
"There's a subway below my place" is this right to say? Hello! I noticed that I've been misusing the word "downstairs", like there's a subway downstairs of my building. I think this is definitely wrong, instead of downstairs, below sounds more natural. If both of them are wrong, could you let me know the right thing to say? Thank you in advance !! =]
9. Sept 2018 18:50
8
0
If you mean that there is a subway running directly under the building you live in, then ‘there’s a subway below my place’ is fine. You could also say: ‘There’s a subway under my building’ ‘A subway runs under the place I live’ ‘The subway runs under the building I live in’
9. September 2018
"There's a subway downstairs below my building" = you have to walk downstairs to ground floor exit level, and then there is the subway. Or there are also stairs to the subway when you get to street level of your building. this is a bit vague. "There are stairs down to the subway, below my building" "below my building there are stairs to the subway" I would use this sentence.
9. September 2018
Hello :) You should say " the subway is down the building where I live"
9. September 2018
Downstairs is fine, but it stands alone Usually it means in the same building but on a lower floor If your bedroom is on the second floor and a friend comes to visit Someone might say,"Your friend is downstairs."
9. September 2018
YOURA