Are these two sentences correct? 1. I ran in a rapid speed across a cotton field. 2. She had a shock rapidly after the doctor flipped the switch.
1. I ran at a rapid speed across a cotton field. (at a rapid speed - adverb phrase) I ran rapidly across a cotton field. (rapidly - adverb). 2. She received a shock immediately after the doctor flipped the switch.
Most people would say, "I ran rapidly across the cotton field". Since the word "rapid" means "moving with great speed", you don't need the word "speed" in your sentence. For the second sentence, it would be more natural to say, "she had a sudden shock after the doctor switched the switch". The word "sudden" fits when speaking about something that happens "abruptly without warning". Hope this helps
I ran AT a rapid pace. However, no amount of tinkering is going to make these sentences sound natural. 1. I raced across a cotton field 2. She suffered a shock as soon as the doctor flipped the switch. This assumes that she experienced a physical shock as in from electric current. She HAD a shock has a different meaning.
I ran in a rapid pace across the cotton field. She had a shock immediately after the doctor flipped the switch. These are better ways of saying what you want.